Deutsche Reichsbahn flat wagon
|Type||0-4-0 flat wagon|
|Present Location||Peak Rail, Rowsley|
This wagon was built for the German state railways in 1943 as a tank wagon specifically for deliveries of fuel to the Peenemunde test range, where German scientists were developing Hitlers "terror" weapons, the V1 and V2.
Captured by the Allies, it was one several brought back to the UK, and pressed into War Department service. The tanks, which were manufactured from aluminium, were scrapped and the floors decked for use as flat wagons. Of unknown fleet number, this wagon is known to be one of only two survivors (the other is at Bo'ness).